1. Getting enough sleep is necessary as during the sleep we repair and nourish our brain.
2. Engage in social activities, be more positive. Local resources:
3. Learn a new language and continue with educating yourself. As learning has demonstrated reduce incidence of Alzheimer's.
4. Be mentally active with your hands. Having hobbies and or fixing simple household items can be beneficial.
5. Exercise regularly as studies have shown regular exercise reduces the incidence of dementia. Exercise also reduces the chance of obesity which is helpful to improve cardiovascular function.
6. Diet rich in curcumin, the main ingredient in turmeric has shown to reduce inflammatory markers in the bloodstream.
7. Be heart healthy. Avoid having blood pressure, avoid getting diabetes, lower your cholesterol as these can increase the rate of stroke and heart attack.
8. Reduce your stresses as increasing stress increases serum cortisol level which further troubles and reduces delayed memory recall. In addition stress can lead to anxiety and depression.
9. Mediterranean diet plus–DASH (dietary approaches to stop hypertension) or diet intervention for neurodegenerative delay consists of 3 servings of whole grains, 2 portions of at least one vegetables, nuts, lean protein preferably fish and chicken, berries and a glass of wine per day
10. Drinking green tea in combination with Acacia honey
11. Treat obstructive sleep apnea with CPAP, as untreated sleep apnea will significantly increase the risk of cardiovascular mishaps. In addition apnea results in restless sleep, nonrefreshed sleep in the morning leading to decreased cognitive function.
12. Protect your head against any trauma. Wear sitbelt at all times, wear proper helmets at time of bicycling or motorcycle or alike.
13. Relaxation and meditation can regulate stress hormones, lower blood pressure and overall improve ones ability to focus and concentrate more.
14. Restless Leg Syndrome
Zincum metallicum - Relieves fidgety, restless legs, especially after drinking wine or spirits. Dosage: Dissolve 5 pellets under the tongue twice a day or as needed. Decrease frequency with improvement.
15. Leg Cramps
Cuprum metallicum - Relieves painful spasms and cramps occurring suddenly, such as hiccups, calf cramps and colic. Dosage: Dissolve 5 pellets under the tongue at bedtime and 5 pellets as needed.
Arnicare Gel - Temporarily relieves muscle pain and stiffness due to minor injuries, overexertion and falls; Reduces pain, swelling and discoloration from bruises*
dosage: Apply a thin layer of Arnicare Gel to affected area and massage gently as soon as possible after minor injury. Repeat 3 times a day or as needed. For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes, mucous membranes, damaged skin or wounds. Do not use if you are allergic to Arnica montana or to any of this product's inactive ingredients. When using this product, use only as directed; do not bandage tightly or use a heating pad. Stop use and ask a doctor if condition persists for more than 3 days or worsens. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
16. Migraine and Headaches
17. Glucosamin Chondroitin
18. Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamine)
19. Vitamin D3
20. Coenzyme Q10
21. Omega 3
22. Dark Chocolate
23. Magnesium Zinc Complec
25. Protein shakes
26. Fish Oil
Useful Services through Amazon
Below is a small list of helpful over the counter supplements and references which I have come across over the years. These are either benign or have minimal side effects. These products are hand picked after studying for their efficacy and reliability. By no means are you obligated to purchase these products through our website. They are here for your convenience. Any suggestions and comments are appreciated.
32129 Lindero Canyon, Suite #210
Westlake Village, CA. 91361
(Directly Above Gril Sushi Bar)
4000 Calle Tecate, # 112
Camarillo, CA 93012-5282
Mon - Fri: 9:30AM - 5:30PM
Sat - Sun: Closed